Diploma in Exercise Referral Level 3
Career Level Manager
The Diploma in Exercise Referral Level 3 aims to equip the learner with the skills, knowledge and understanding required to plan and instruct programmes for exercise referral.
The information covered in this course will allow the learner to apply nutritional principles to exercise programmes, prepare patients for exercise referral sessions and instruct exercise referral sessions in a professionally structured way.
Career Progression & Entry Requirements
Learners should be over 16 and hold one or more of the following:
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing or equivalent
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Pilates
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga
The Diploma in Exercise Referral Level 3 can lead to employment as an ‘Exercise Referral Instructor’ or a role that involves tailoring exercise for people with medical conditions
This comprehensive course aims to equip the learner with the skills, knowledge and understanding required to plan and instruct programmes for exercise referral.
It covers training in:
- Body’s various systems and their relation to exercise and health
- Posture and core stability
- Anatomy and physiology as applicable to personal training
- Nutrition and its application to support a client’s health and physical activity programme
- How to collect and use information relating to nutrition
- The relationship between nutrition and physical activity
- The principles of collecting information to plan an exercise referral programme
- How to plan, prepare, monitor and adapt an exercise referral programme with patients and understand the importance of long-term behaviour change for these patients
- The current healthcare systems in the UK and the exercise referral process
- The concept of a patient-centred approach
- The clinical features of medical conditions relevant to exercise referral programmes
Programme Duration: *380 hours
Funding: All of our Active Futures courses can be funded commercially or through government funding. Please enquire to find out more.